UMapper - DMCA Copyright Policy
Updated: October 6, 2008
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Compliance. It is UMapper's policy to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content hosted on the UMapper Site infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing UMapper's Designated Copyright Agent with the following information in writing:
- i. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- ii. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the UMapper Site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at the UMapper Site;
- iii. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit UMapper to locate the material;
- iv. Information reasonably sufficient to permit UMapper to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- v. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (for example, "I am under the good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted content that is identified herein is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."); and
- vi. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed (for example, "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, of the copyright(s) that is allegedly infringed by the aforementioned content.").
UMapper's Designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Attention: Copyright Agent at 7350 E. Progress Place, Suite 212, Greenwood Village, CO 80111 or by email at email@example.com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go to the UMapper Designated Copyright Agent. Any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications should be directed to UMapper customer service through firstname.lastname@example.org. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid. UMapper will promptly terminate without notice the accounts of those determined by UMapper to be "repeat infringers". A repeat infringer is a user who has been notified by UMapper of infringing activity violations more than twice and/or who has had their videos or any other user-submitted content removed from the UMapper Site more than twice.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.